Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fan Mail for the Playhouse

I am so pleased with what's been happening at the playhouse. To be specific, the last four shows I have attended have been great, starting with The last Five Years. I was so impressed with "A Christmas Carol", I attended two performances. I grew up in the neighborhood, and in my late teens and early twenties (1961 - 1964), the playhouse was my second home. Memories of my early association are very special. The activities and wonderful people I met, met my needs, as I wasn't someone who did the bar scene. I got my start working with Bob Jetter on set construction. Some of my favorite people were Gladys Luthy, Barry Havens, Jack Mango and the beautiful and gracious Fulvia Brun Hickman. During my four year stint, prior to my marriage, I became a member of the Executive Committee, in charge of Special Activities, which included dress rehearsal night cast dinner, the after show party and the annual party. It was great preparation for a lifetime and love of cooking for many, many friends and family. As long as I am able, I hope to contribute my support to the Civic Playhouse as a theatergoer and in a small monetary way. A big thumbs up on the new seats!!
Received On Feb 11, 2009, from Agatha Pike

No comments: